Sunday, January 04, 2009

Quick Personal Note

Many of you have been wondering where I've been—thank you for those of you who wrote with concern or just telling me I should get back in front of the computer. The short answer is I've been all over: I got a new job, a new apartment, some new furniture, wrote a couple of new screenplays, and on and on. Today is the first day that I've had a reliable internet connection that wasn't at my office since early December. And there may be worse places to try to write about movies than an office cubicle, but I've never been to them. But now I'm back, and here's the thing: the new place has space for me to write. So as soon as I get settled and stop living out of boxes, expect the pace to pick up. It's about goddamned time, right? Happy New Year to you all.

14 comments:

Matthias said...

Matt!

Good to have you back on the regular side of things. I've missed interrupting you from work to bug you about the stupid films I've been watching. Anyway, I'm glad that you've been able to accomplish so much in your absence here. Hope the move-in wasn't too bad. I look forward to the next time we can catch each other.

Cheers

Olli Sulopuisto said...

Yay! Welcome back, Matthew.

Helen said...

Very glad to see you back. 2009 is looking better already.

TC said...

Good to see you back, sir. Happy holidays and such, and good luck with the settling in.

Anonymous said...

I'd begun to wonder if you'd given up the blog, or what...oh well, the hiatus gave me time to read all the archived reviews. Funny how much you miss something when it suddenly becomes unavailable. I hope your new year is a good one, and look forward to reading as many new reviews as you care to write.

Anonymous said...

Sweden thanks you.
Very happy to have you back.

JMW said...

Welcome back, and Happy New Year. Can't wait for you to get to "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp," which I watched last night and loved.

mrgn said...

Welcome back matt, now start watching those films ;)

Anonymous said...

Good news - happy new year and glad to see you are back!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, have been anxiously awaiting your return, and am glad you're back.

Happy hunting!

Chris said...

Glad everything worked out and that we'll be seeing much more from you in 2009!

Sealion II said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to the next installment!

Anonymous said...

Cool. You're back. Glad to hear all the glad tidings. Happy New Year!

Matthew Dessem said...

Thanks, everybody! Sisters should be up soon.